Believe it or not, but knowing how to create a WordPress Website is one of the most indispensable skills which you should master as an entrepreneur in this competitive world.
However, starting a website can be a terrific idea peculiarly when you are not tetchy. This post will steer you with the step by step guide on how to create a WordPress website for your enterprise.
Steps to create a WordPress Website
1. Get a Domain Name
Initially, you need to buy a domain name. However, purchasing a domain name is quite simple. Just navigate to a domain name registrar like NameCheap, GoDaddy and search for your required address.
2. Sign Up to a Hosting Provider
Now, it’s time to find a host for your site which is an essential step in your WordPress site-building process. There are various web hosting brands offering different types of WordPress hosting plans. The following are the types of WordPress Hosting Plans that you should know about:
- Shared Hosting – This is one of the budget-friendly hosting plans. Multiple websites share the same resources and IP address of the server including hard disk space, memory, and the bandwidth
- Virtual Private Server (VPS) – With this plan, you will be provided with the portion of server resources.
- Dedicated Hosting – All the server resources are devoted to a single user
3. Install WordPress
The next step is to install WordPress. This is something that can be done directly via your hosting dashboard. However, most of the web hosting providers will offer you just one-click installation process which facilitates the entire process.
4. Choose a Theme
You may be inclined to start searching via the various settings and pages in the WordPress menu. Before that, the initial thing you need to do here is to find the best theme for your website.
- Sign in to your WordPress Dashboard
- Navigate to ‘Appearance‘ and choose ‘Themes‘. This will take you to the WordPress Theme dashboard
- Now, click Add New option and browse themes.
- Click Install option to download the theme
- On the following screen, click Activate option. Now the theme is all yours.
You can also use Thrive Architect to build an attractive homepage. With their inbuilt lead generation function, you can also gain more lead easily. To access the full feature of thrive architect you’ll need to purchase the Thrive Architect premium package.
By using this thrive page builder discount code, you can get up to an 80% discount on your premium license.
If you are looking out for the best premium themes, plugins, page builders then here you go with the WordPress Black Friday deal. These discounts will be available on Black Friday.
5. Add Content or Publish your Content
In terms of the main categories of written content on your Website, this falls into two main types
Pages are static, hence, the content won’t change unless the user edits or modify them. The ‘about us’ page is an instance where most websites will have a variant of. Many themes will display a navigation bar along the top or you can even add the Page widget to list them.
Posts are entries which are listed in chronological order, either on the homepage or in a devoted blog segment. You can also set your posts as ‘Sticky posts’ so they may remain at the top.
Once you have included a Page or Post, you should populate it with your own content before publishing it on your website.
6. Personalize your Website
If you added your page or post to your site, then start customizing your website to fit the requirements of your content. There are many ways to personalize your site. Here we’ve listed some focusing keyword for your knowledge
a) Change Tagline and Title
– Login to your WordPress Dashboard
– Navigate to Settings > General
– Add Title and Tagline for your Website
– Click the ‘Save Changes’ option. That’s it
b) Add Navigational Menu
– Login to your Dashboard
– Head to Appearance > Menu
– Add a name for your Menu
– Click Save Changes
c) Set a Homepage
– Sign in to your dashboard
– Head to Settings > Reading
– You’ll be taken to the Reading Settings > Front Page Displays
– Choose your latest posts
– Select Save Changes option
7. Install Plugins
Installing Plugins is one of the ways of installing features that WordPress doesn’t include already. Some of the most famous WordPress Plugins are
- Yoast SEO
- Contact Form by WP Forums
How to add Plugins to your WordPress Site
- Sign in to your Dashboard
- Navigate to Plugins > Add New
- Utilize the search bar to search for some specific plugins
- Hit ‘InstallNow’ button
- Then click the Activate plugin option. That’s it. You have created your WordPress Site
We guess this guide helped you to create a WordPress Website on your own without hiring a developer. Thank you!